Everyone tries to make their freebie sound like it’s going to rock your world. You enter your email address into their form in hopes of getting some life changing info, only to feel like you wasted your time after you get the audio, video, eBook or report.
It’s time to razzle and dazzle your peeps with some honest to goodness hot information or a free sample of your product or service. Brick and mortar businesses can join in on the fun, too. Creativity abounds!
Why give something away when you’re working on keeping more money in your pockets?
Offering something for free or giving a bonus with purchase can create a buzz that generates excitement. That has the potential to give you more clients, brand awareness and increase loyalty with existing customers. It also shows off the quality of your products and services. Some customers like to try before they buy or are more likely to say ‘yes’ if there’s an extra perk.
Some need-to-know things about giving away something in hopes of gaining more customers or renewing faith in the old ones…
- Take a product or service you already have and start giving it away without some conscious thought about how it will impact your market and how it will get them to take the next desired step in your marketing funnel.
- Be cheap or fast. Make it good or wait until you have the time, inspiration and resources to make the giveaway relevant and classy. This may be someone’s first and only point of contact with you. You’ll either turn them on or off.
- Be cheesy or pushy in your marketing. If someone follows me on Twitter and all their posts are about getting their “free” offer, I run away. I want to know about it, but don’t cram it down my throat. Again, classy wins my vote.
- Be chintzy about how much you give. Potential customers want a big enough taste, so they can make an educated decision about spending some bucks with you. Abundance attracts more abundance. I have given away so much of my time and I’ve never regretted a minute of it. Eventually your fans will buy.
- Offer a free pen and think people will buy from you. Your freebie has to match the rest of your offerings. If you’re a massage therapist don’t offer a free ice cream. Give a five minute laser massage on one target area of the body, a free meditation on body relaxation, or a free class.
- Give amazing value in the offer. Give something that could be sold on its own because it’s that good.
- Create a graphic for the complimentary gift or bonus if it’s not a tangible item. There are many graphic artists who would happily create a book cover, cd cover or logo for your very hot freebie to make it look professional and give it “presence”.
- Make sure the receivers of this fabulous offer know what to do after they receive it. Do you want them to talk to you personally or a team member? What’s the next product or service they need to check out if they liked what they got so far?
- Make it easy for them to take the next step. Give them your website, contact info and any website links they need to get more information.
- Offer your freebie on your Facebook Fan page, website, at speaking engagements and networking events. Include a link in your bio, underneath articles you publish, that points them to more info on your gift.
- Give your gift a webpage with a full description and easy URL to send folks, when you’re speaking. See mine here. https://masterpeacecoaching.com/resources/free-cd
- Have fun with this. This freebie can be worth six figures or more to you each year when you convert customers. Every time I pop a free CD in the mail, I see it as $10,000 coming back to me. I infuse it with powerful intentions.
There is only one way to WOW people: Be deliberate about your plan and execute with enthusiasm. Your complimentary gift is worth every penny and minute you invest in it.
Power to the give-a-way!