- Notice how you are feeling, but do not resist or judge.
- Clarify what triggered the emotion.
- Ask yourself if there is a belief you need to let go of to find some relief.
- Check in with your heart to see if the emotion needs to be fully expressed before you move on to a better thought.
- Allow yourself time to move through it. Trust that you will feel better soon and that you don’t have to push and poke yourself into a better state of mind.
Express the Negative
All you personal growth junkies may throw snowballs at me, but I have to say it. Negative emotions aren’t bad. Stating what’s wrong with your life isn’t terrible either. Even if you shout your complaints to God and the Universe at the top of your lungs, it’s still okay. The truth is that we are feeling whatever we are feeling. It’s all just feelings. Your emotional guidance system is giving you feedback through its receptors. The feedback tells you if you are focusing your energy in a manner that will get you closer to what you desire…or not. It tells you if you like or dislike what is happening right in the moment. So, never ever push down that negative emotion. It’s telling you exactly what you need to know to get back on track. When frustration or fears pop up, ask yourself what the emotion is craving. Sometimes it needs to be FULLY experienced. You may need to vent, write, scream or cry. Other times you may need to talk it out with an objective party. There will even be times when you can relax into the feeling and then simply release. There is never a wrong way to deal with negative emotions except to ignore them. You also don’t want to live a majority of your life in them. It’s better to allow them to bubble to the surface and breathe fresh air than to let them fester underground and then have an untimely explosion. People who know Law of Attraction tend to get upset when they notice they are in a negative emotion. They want to rush away from the emotion and then it never really gets dealt with in a lasting way. If you find yourself in the quicksand of negative emotions, use the following tips: