Entrepreneurs learn business-building strategies from many different sources and end up with a big pile of “stuff.” They pick strategies from the pile and begin implementing without a blueprint.
The end result is a flurry of action, a bit of overwhelm, and disappointment from the lack of payoff.
Here’s my simple process for planning for a year of high-octane results in your business. And for a moment, I want you to forget about all of the particles. Particles are all of the individual tools and strategies that you use for marketing and systems.
3. Clarify your ideal peeps. What types of clients and customers do you totally dig? Create a deep connection with the details of this person.
4. Create your menu of offers. Nail down what you want to offer THIS year. Not what you did last year or what you want to do five years from now. What sounds zippy for this year? How will each offer lead to the next offer? Make a clear path for your customers to follow.
5. Create your HELL YES Business Plan. What do you want to manifest or implement in the areas of marketing, systems, team, product/service expansion, and profits? If it’s not a HELL YES, it doesn’t go on the plan. If it’s more than one page, you may want to cut it back. You want inspiration, not overwhelm.
6. Choose your overall marketing strategy. Once you do this, stick to it. This is where most people completely derail. SEO, Facebook ads, Google ads, ezines, blogs, free gifts, mailers… oh my! Unless you have a rock star team, you can’t do it all and do it well. Pick a few strategies and do them in excellence. And make sure you’re inspired by the path you choose. If you stiffen and stress when you think about how you market, then you’re better off not wasting your time, energy, and money.
7. Dial in your support system. Who is going to help you manifest your HELL YES Plan? You need employees, consultants, contractors, and mentors that do the job right the first time, inspiring you to expand beyond your past stories and profit levels. You need people who make you feel good, tell you the truth, and contribute rock star ideas.
8. Set up yearly, monthly, weekly, and daily structures and practices to keep you focused. Without this step, the entire foundation crumbles. Inspiration ignites, but focused action keeps the flame burning. Choose processes, strategies, and tools that work with your behavioral style. Check in with your HELL YES Business Plan OFTEN, and choose your daily actions to support it.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE, BLOG OR WEB SITE?