You are own best authority when it comes to choosing income producing strategies that feel aligned with what you stand for.
If something isn’t working after a solid month or two of true commitment, change your strategy or focus. Ask a friend, colleague or coach if they see something you are doing that isn’t working that you may not be objective enough to identify for yourself. If it feels true and right for you, then it probably is. Use your emotional and mental guidance systems to continually improve your mindset and actions.
Here are a few things I do when I seriously want to increase my profits…
- Get very clear on what the money will be spent on. Getting more money in your life is not a magnetic pull itself. There is more energy and emotion behind focusing on what you will spend the money on. These things have to be compelling. Whether you want a nice nest egg or a new car, you’ve got to really want it.
- You have to make a serious decision that the money is coming now. Not “hopefully” soon, in a few months or sometime this year.
- Don’t force you’re brain into finding the “way” you will increase your income. Sit down and set up a creativity session, as if it were a meeting with your team, and calmly tap into your intuitive brain. If the answer doesn’t come right away…do not fret. It will hit you when you least expect it. You can round table some ideas with other people, too, but keep it open and light.
- Accept your current financial state. You don’t have to like it, but stop resisting it. Get over any guilt, fear and victim feelings. Then step into your adult shoes and decide how you are going to act and what you are going to start doing about it. You must change your perspective first and foremost. You CAN turn around any situation at any point.
If you are in fear or frustration about debt, try one or all of these.
- Again, accept the fact that you have debt. Who cares how you got there. You have to get over the fact that you have it in order to get rid of it. Debt is not necessarily a bad thing. Some of the wealthiest people on the planet have more debt than you can even fathom. Learn from any habits that got you there and correct them.
- Make a plan to pay it off. Even if you can only pay $5 above the minimum amount due each month for awhile, a plan will empower you. Any action feels good. This will motivate you and bring about fresh ideas.
- See yourself as someone with no debt. Act like a person who feels free about money. I’m not saying to go and spend beyond your means. Feel free internally. Keep your eye on the goal. Start imagining what it would be like to have MORE than enough money. Get used to having lots of cushion and beyond.
- Get help. Ask someone who is objective or a financial advisor for support and ideas. We get very narrow focused about solutions when we feel stress. There are dozens of ways to handle debt. But remember, you have to choose something that will feel good to you.
Other important stuff to know about money:
You and your partner do not have to have the same priorities. You just have to be very clear that you both get to have your needs met. In the end, you will always be able to find solutions that appease everyone’s behavioral style and financial needs.
Having financial freedom is not luck or good fortune. It is about clear intentions, commitment, a plan, focus and most of all fun. Yes, when you start playing with money and making it a game, you’ll be able to see hard core results in what you attract.
Financial intelligence is not complicated. You just need to open your mind. You don’t have to be good at numbers, but you do need to know them. Most people are savvier at this than they think. Plans and strategies can be fun if you tailor them to your needs. My first financial plan was laid out on a flip chart with colored markers and photos. Not exactly the norm, right? But it worked for me at the time. Now I have a wealth plan on paper with dates.
Homework for this week: Check in with your current practices, habits and thoughts with money. If it’s not making you truly happy and you don’t feel like it’s a game, then choose 2 things you’ll change immediately and post them in the comments below. They can be small steps. Then keep up the momentum.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE, BLOG OR WEB SITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Jeanna Gabellini is a Master Business Coach who assists high achieving entrepreneurs and their teams to double (and even triple) their profits by leveraging intention, systems and fun. Grab her FREE audio on dialing in your biz here: https://masterpeacecoaching.com/freecd