A majority of mankind bumbles through life doing things they think are good for them. But most never ask a simple question, “Is this action or behavior getting me the results I most desire?”
And it’s no different if you’re a business owner. You get in a habit – some might call it a rut – taking similar actions, implementing similar strategies, and changing little in the way of habits. When was the last time you evaluated every business practice and system to see if it was giving you maximum results based on your goals?
Some things you can track by metrics. You can pull facts and figures by going into your accounting, shopping cart and email systems to see who is buying what and where they came from. But some things aren’t as easy to evaluate.
I recently had a huge breakthrough in the way I schedule my time. It’s changed my routine in a most profound way. I didn’t know I had a problem before someone pointed it out. I thought I only needed a new email system and routine. But my organizer coach said I needed a new schedule. I doubted her at first, but once we created a new business and personal schedule, I heard angels singing from on high!
Here’s a quick checklist of things you can evaluate to see if you need to change a system, practice, price or behavior. Rate each of them on a scale of 1 -5 based on their ability to get you to your goals.
- My team members understand their position and produce quality and timely results.
- My team, contractors, vendors and partners can count on me to be timely with my communication, deadlines and payments.
- I know precisely which marketing efforts I use that generate new leads and profits.
- I am consistent with the marketing strategies that get results.
- I love the products and services we offer.
- My branding and marketing speak clearly to my ideal clients and customers.
- We have a system that delivers new ideal prospects into our pipeline every day.
- We have a system for each thing that we do over and over each day, week and month.
- I invest in my team, my business and me, to ensure improvement in our knowledge, mindset and technologies.
- Our pricing will support the freedom of time and prosperity I want to experience this year.
- My daily routine feels spacious, productive and fulfilling.
If you rated anything less than a 5, it’s time to make changes. Don’t change everything at once. Improve one or two at a time. Do your research and take the time to do it in a way that will get results while honoring your missions and values.
Rating stuff is not always fun because you may not always like the results you see. However, getting things in tip-top shape can most definitely be enjoyable!
Which of these goals apply to you and your team? Share with me below!
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE, BLOG OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Jeanna Gabellini is a Master Business Coach who assists high achieving entrepreneurs, corporate leaders & their teams to leverage fun, systems and intentionality for high-octane results. An entrepreneur for 25 years she has a treasure trove of kick-butt tools to give you peace & profits. Get your complimentary audio “Transforming from Chaotic Entrepreneur to Conscious Leader” here: http://www.MasterPeaceCoaching.com/freecd.